So March is a pretty busy time of year in the Taylor Clan. Within a two week period there is my birthday, Becky's, and my dad's, and that is just the folks living locally. That meant three birthday parties, plus the Relief Society Birthday Celebration (which I had to help with), and St. Patty's Day. So while I WAS good about taking pictures, I have not been so great about posting them. I will try my best to get caught up.
First, there was my birthday. I wasn't planning on doing anything special, but the Sunday before, Michael cleaned the house while Violet was napping, and it seem a shame to let a clean house go to waste, so we invited family over the next day (my birthday) for a casual dinner party. It was a super bonus because my brother Stephen was in town with his family, and so we had a total of 14 people over (including the 4 grand kids). This was probably a better number than the 30-40 people over for Violet's party a couple weeks before.
 |
| Grandkids playing around before dinner. |
I made my current favorite easy meal (Tastes Like Lasagna Soup) and my signature birthday cake that I make for all the birthdays around here.
 |
| The table before dinner. And yes, that "Happy Birthday" sign on the wall was still up from Violet's birthday a couple weeks before... |
 |
| Tried to correct orientation, but kept loading wrong. Grrr.But still a cute pic if you're willing to crane your neck around! |
 |
| Violet's first balloon, and it is love at first sight! |
I was glad I snapped this picture (below) when I did, because James "helped himself" to some birthday cake just a minute later. Gotta hand it to the kid for being so proactive.
 |
| Birthday cake, pre-James decoration. |
Well, Becky's birthday is exactly a week after mine, and she as a bit bummed because
Nathan (who works out of town) was going to be gone for most of it, and she didn't really know when they were going to be able to celebrate it. We decided to seize the opportunity of having extra family in town, and since it was her big 3-0, through her a surprise party. I was worried that we wouldn't be able to successfully keep it a secret, but she assured me that she was surprised when they got there.
I was FINALLY able to put up the decorations that I had failed to put up for first Violet's, and then my own, parties. I LOVE these tissue paper pom-poms. My mom and I whipped them up super quick in the week leading up to the party. I also was glad to finally do the "streamers" out of those cheap plastic table cloths you can get a the Dollar Tree. These were all things that I didn't get around to for Violet's party, so this was kind of a "third time's the charm" deal.
 |
| Becky's specially-requested birthday tart |
 |
| The food. |
|
|
 |
| Pom poms! |
 |
| More pom poms |
 |
| The oh-so fabulous banner I made that day, below the "creative" balloon arrangement |
 |
| Cricket, finding the fruit tart HILARIOUS |
 |
| Last-minute preparations, whilst waiting for the Guest of Honor. |
 |
| Cricket's son, Ryan, loving on Violet! |
 |
| The party-goers, patiently waiting and playing. |
 |
| Becky's mom, Lori, and her husband, Chris |
 |
| The Guest of Honor, arriving with her entourage. |
 |
| Have you ever seen a cuter face? |
The next day was the Relief Society Birthday Celebration, and so I headed over to the church after Becky's party to get my table set up. I did a St. Patrick's Day theme, since the party was on St. Patty's Day. My mom and Melinda were able to come, so it was extra fun!.
Then came my dad's birthday. Here is a shot of his extra special, 3-tiered cake. Unfortunately, he came down with something that day, so he didn't actually get to enjoy any of his cake on his actual birthday :(. We did all go out later that week to celebrate, though, so it was all good.
3 comments:
Yay for pictures! This proves that you are the best party planner ever! Thanks for all of the wonderful memories.
Hey Sarah! I'm gonna be at my parents house all next week will you be around? You can email me at lilcamper8@yahoo. I don't believe I have yours so anyways I'd love to see you and your cute little family! Hope to see you then! I need to get shops of ashley as well. Maybe she can come up? And is holly living around there too?
Just seeing these now, and they are great. I have to ask you about Tastes like Lasagna soup.
Love,
Susan
Post a Comment