
I just got back from a week-and-a-half in California to do some job-hunting stuff and hang with my family. While it was fantastic to be in a warm climate with loved ones, it was difficult to be away from Michael so long. It was the longest we've been apart since our wedding last August. We managed to pull through, though. Thank goodness for free night and weekend minutes!
Part of the time I was there I spent with some classmates from my master's program, touring different state agencies and nonprofits to get career ideas and "see what's out there." We went to places in Sacramento, Davis, San Francisco, and plenty of places in between. It was inspiring to see how many women run nonprofit organizations and do a fantastic job at it.
I won't bore you with the rest of the details, suffice to say it was a busy five days filled with expensive parking.
The highlight of the trip was definitely spending time with my family and friends, especially my little bro Colin, my grandparents, my Aunt Janet and Uncle Don, and of course, my brother Nathan, his lovely wife Becky, and their ADORABLE little boy Preston. He gets cuter every day. I just love that little guy!
The best part was coming home. Michael greeted me with two dozen longstemmed roses, dozens of glittering candles, exquisite chocolate truffles, and sparkling cider. I am so lucky to have married the most wonderful man in the universe for me. He is so romantic, caring, sensitive, thoughtful, and every good thing a person can be. How did I get so lucky?
2 comments:
We're glad that you made it home safe, but we are missing you already. We can't wait to have you move here!
Tee hee--you guys obviously have only been married a few months!!! Trust me--after five years, it's more like stumbling home from the airport, unshowered and starving, to a house covered in several days' worth of laundry and dishes and the remains of all of your once-lush potted plants, which SOMEONE promised they'd water with a rather affronted air, as though your asking is an insult to their intelligence. At least one "discussion" on the nature of the household division of labor will occur by the end of the night, which you will spend picking up the house. Hooray, married life! Okay, so this is mostly an exaggeration, but...okay, not really. This is exactly what I came home to after my trip to Utah last September! You have a very sweet husband. Savor these moments!
Post a Comment