Sunday, December 19, 2010

Arizona

Note: As you can see, this was written some time ago, and there are no pictures. I have tried MULTIPLE times to upload photos, but no dice. Sorry.

I can't believe it has been 3 weeks since we got back from Arizona for our Thanksgiving visit with Michael's side of the family. (Of course, when I remember that I subsequently spent a week each in Oakland, San Diego, and Fresno traveling for work, that does seem to explain why the time has flown by so fast).

Before Christmas has passed, I thought I should post about our wonderful trip. Sorry it is so short, but Susan does a good job recapping the trip here.

Anyway, Michael's parents flew us down on Tuesday (my mom and Michael picked me up after I got off work and we went straight to the airport). We got in late, and the next day went to Michael's Aunt Cathy's and Uncle Bob's house (BTW, Michael has new fewer tan SIX Uncle Bob's. You will have to ask him about it sometime). We hung out and then went to see the newest Harry Potter movie. I haven't seen them all, but this was definitely my favorite.

Later that afternoon, Michael's brother David's family arrived from Utah (wife, Angela, and three boys Josh, Ammon, and Lincoln). Then Cathy's kids came over for dinner, and it was great to get to know Michael's cousins better (it was the first time I met most of them).

The next day (Thanksgiving!) the Bragonje clan headed over to a nearby park to tire out the boys before dinner. The whole family got in on the fun, playing baseball, volleyball, and soccer at various times.

Friday we went to this awesome train park that all the kids LOVED (and the adults got in a rousing game of softball), followed with dinner at Pipes and Pizza, a favorite restaurant of Michael's dad, Brent (he LOVES organ music). It was a fabulous day.

Saturday, Michael and I went to the Phoenix Zoo with his parents and his Aunt Cathy, who volunteers there. I think my favorite part was seeing Michael play with the animals at the petting zoo. I need to get that man some sheep or goats.

Saturday evening, we went to Michael's cousin's daughter's wedding. Everyone had a great time, and then Brent was kind enough to take us to the airport after the reception (and my mom was kind enough to pick us up later that night, despite the multiple delays to our flight!).

We had a fabulous time, and are so appreciative for Aunt Cathy and Uncle Bob's hospitality, and Brent and Susan's generosity.

No comments: