Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mama's girl


Michael joked while I was pregnant that Violet was already a daddy's girl. I went along with the joke, secretly jealous and fearing it was true, and just hoped Violet would save a little love for her mama.

Well, as any mother could tell you, I need not have feared. At least for the time being, Violet is totally a mama's girl. That child NEEDS to be near me or attached to me AT ALL TIMES (my mom says it's because she wants to be near the food source). She doesn't sleep during the day unless I am nursing her or have finished nursing her but am still holding her. Daddy* will not do, I'm afraid, and forget trying to put her in her crib.

Don't get me wrong--I LOVE my daughter and cherish the time I get to be home with her. However, I wouldn't mind if she would be content to at least spend a little of her unconscious time in arms other than my own. So that I don't have to type these blog posts one-handed.

*Violet loves her daddy, of course. Any pictures of her smiling are her smiling at Michael. She just really, really loves her mother's arms. And boobs.

4 comments:

linda said...

I have told you that I used to have fantasies about being able to temporarily detach my "milk makers" so that I could hand them to someone else to feed the baby for a change. I often felt like my baby was a permanent appendage. But you will be surprised at how soon she will be impatiently squirming her way out of your arms, and then you will miss all of the cuddle time. Enjoy it while it lasts!

A Wink and a Smile said...

She definitely has Michael's flame red hair. My niece sure is pretty. We look forward to seeing you guys.
-S

Megan said...

Ohhhh, babies are so wonderful. Especially when you can put them down (in someone else's arms), walk away (while someone else is watching them), and return refreshed and ready to be a mommy again! I sometimes say to Karl (sometimes tearfully), "I just want the chance to MISS my children! I can't miss them if I'm never away from them!!!"

Angela said...

Ohhh!! She is such a doll! We have got to meet baby Violet soon!!! You are doing such a good job updating your blog with lots of pictures, I can't help but poor over each one. You are such a good mama, there are a few frustrations that come along with the job :) Keep up the good work, we love you guys.