Monday, May 30, 2011

Someone's listening...

I just have to say that prayers ARE answered.

Two experiences:

1) A few days ago, I wanted take pictures for some far-away aunts and grandparents. Unfortunately, my camera battery was dead, so I plugged it in to recharge it. Well, I remembered taking the battery out of the charger but could not find it anywhere. And I looked. Everywhere. I felt like I was losing my mind. Finally, I said a desperate prayer that I would find the battery (as much for the sake of my sanity as for the battery itself). Not a minute passed before the thought popped into my head, "Weren't you wearing your robe when you took the battery out of the charger?" Sure enough, I went to my closet, felt in my robe pocket, and presto chango--there was the missing battery.

2) Today, I remarked to Michael how it would be nice if Violet would nap for even just 45 minutes. I could get SO much done in 45 minutes! Well, today Violet fell asleep in my arms, I transferred her to Michael's, and she slept almost precisely 45 minutes (during which I cleaned and finished a frame refurbishing and picture hanging project I have been itching to do).

Are either of these experiences earth-shattering or life-changing? Nope. But they definitely re-affirmed that someone IS listening and He cares about the small stuff, too.

3 comments:

Megan said...

They ARE earth-shattering when 1) you really, really need it and the Lord comes through and 2) when you realize the all-powerful creator of the universe loves you enough to bother with a camera battery, a much-needed break, or, say, the use of a board book to open the locked door of a car. I NEVER believed as a Catholic that the Lord would ever listen to such simple prayers as these!

Florida Mom said...

These little things happen to me, too, and it's just like you said, you get a new thought! And it gives you the answer you need.

linda said...

Sometimes it is the little things that make us feel the most loved and cared about. Heavenly Father is really our father, who cares about the things that we care about and loves to see us happy. We begin to appreciate that in the smallest degree when we have children ourselves.