And yet the next day, I find that I love her even more.
I am so thrilled and grateful to be the mother of such a precious little girl.
And feel humbled that Heavenly Father has entrusted to me the care of one of his beloved children.
I hope and pray that I can be worthy of such trust and try to better myself each day so that Violet has the mother she deserves.
3 comments:
Ever since Camryn was born, I've had an overwhelming sense that my girls aren't really MINE--that they've simply been lent to me to raise the best I can. Does that sound weird? I mean, I look at them and they look like mine (or, well, like Karl's), but they don't feel like an extension of me. I definitely have the sense that they existed long before they arrived here, and that I have the wondrous privilege and terrifying responsibility to teach them to live well so that they can come bask to Heavenly Father. They seem like mine for only a moment, on loan from a much greater parent. Yay, children!
Now I'm off to rock one of my children, who's growing two front teeth and is very sad and hurty right this second. Sigh.
i know what you mean. when james was born i instantly loved him. in fact there were several times in the hospital when i told stephen i missed him and i wanted him in the room with me instead of the nursery. (i was in the hospital about 4 days) plus at first i was very funny about others holding him etc. Although there were 2 or 3 times when he was a baby when i literally wanted to run away because for whatever reason he cried all night. but other then that i was soo in love with my child. Then he became a toddler...aghhh!!! j/k i still love him.
I love all these pictures, Sarah and Michael! It thrills me to see her. She is so cute, and her eyes are just ENORMOUS. What a precious bundle.
Post a Comment