She is also getting quite adept at grabbing onto things and manipulating them. It's pretty darn cute.
On the 9th, I ventured downtown with her to run some errands. I had to provide my work with a copy of her birth certificate, which meant I had to go to South Sac and get a copy of her birth certificate, in person. Everyone at work just loved her, of course, and it was so great to see everyone again. Even though it has only been 3.5 months, I feel like working full-time was another lifetime. It was pretty surreal going back in.
Afterward, I headed over to a co-worker's house. She is also on maternity leave and had her little boy 6 weeks after Violet was born. They sure had fun together, and immediately grabbed each other's hands when we put them next to each other:


Beau is 6 weeks younger but 3 lbs. heavier. I worry about Violet being too thin and Shannon worries about Beau being too chubby. I guess mothers always worry!
On the 10th, Violet sucked her thumb for the very fist time (as opposed to shoving her whole fist in her mouth). Today she even amazed us all by sucking BOTH thumbs at once!
And for the most amazing feat, Violet ROLLED OVER from her back to her tummy today while at Grandma's house! What a star! I will try to grab pictures of her next time she does it.
2 comments:
It is truly amazing to see how quickly babies grow and develop new skills right before our eyes. Those connections are being made constantly in their little brains.
Hooray for firsts! They are all so exciting, incredible and amazing!
Post a Comment